Welcome to the lab, please watch your step...

Welcome to the lab, please watch your step.... I'm a busy young zombie just trying to balance writing, food and life. I love to cook and love to eat even more! And I promise I won't eat your brains—unless they are made from cake, then I can make no promises.
This is where I run my experiments and post the results for your enjoyment. I have a weird sense of humor, so bare with me, I promise the food will be good ;)

Friday, September 30, 2011

Neglected

I'm sorry I have left you adoring fans (all 2 of you) waiting so long for a new post.  I promise to be better with my new move.  We are moving to Royersford tomorrow, so hopefully I will have more energy to make more creative dishes.  In the meantime, I will provide you with a delicious dinner recommendation.

If you live in an area where you can find a Melting Pot, I highly suggest visiting them.  I had the great fortune that my Mom took me and my family out to eat there for my birthday 2 weeks ago.  Now their food is all wonderful, and what you really go for is the experience.  For those of you wondering what experience I'm speaking of, the Melting Pot is a fondue restaurant.  If the word conjures images of cheesy 1970's movies and boxes of un-opened sets from every wedding since the 60's, you're on the right track.  Yes, we are talking that kind of fondue.  Trust me though, it is worth a try!  The melting pot offers meals for 1 or 2, as they mostly cater to couples or groups of 4.  For a set price you get 4 courses, the appetizer (aka Cheese course), salad, entree, and dessert.

The appetizer course you and your group choose a cheese fondue concoction from the listed menu choices and the server makes it for you at your table.  You are provided with skewers with which you pierce chunks of crusty bread, vegetables, and apples to dip in the ooey-gooey goodness.  Next each person receives an individual salad.  Then comes the entree, an assortment of meats and vegetables (from pork loin to filet mignon, from shrimp to lobster) cut into bite sized pieces for you to cook in your choice of cooking methods (coq au vin, traditional oil, vegetable broth, etc.).

Lastly is the dessert course, which is (of course) my favorite.  You are provided with fresh strawberries, bananas, cheesecake, Rice Krispies Treats®, marshmallows, pound cake and brownies to dip into your choice of delectable chocolate fondue.  Because we had 7 people in our party, we enjoyed having 2 chocolatey concoctions to choose from.  Our first was the weekly special, a "Dark and Dulche" fondue.  Dark chocolate, caramel cream and sea salt swirled together in perfect harmony.  The second choice was my favorite listed on the menu, partially just for it's name: "The Flaming Turtle".  Yes you read that right, the Flaming Turtle.  Remember those amazing pecan and caramel candies from your youth?  They've made a comeback.  Milk chocolate, caramel, and pecans, on flambé.   Decadent enough for you?

I can tell you, I will be coming back for my anniversary or valentines day, even if it is only for dessert!

Stay sweet,
     -Z.Q.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment