Welcome to the lab, please watch your step...

Welcome to the lab, please watch your step.... I'm a busy young zombie just trying to balance writing, food and life. I love to cook and love to eat even more! And I promise I won't eat your brains—unless they are made from cake, then I can make no promises.
This is where I run my experiments and post the results for your enjoyment. I have a weird sense of humor, so bare with me, I promise the food will be good ;)

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Bad

Ok, so I've been bad recently. I've been working crazy hectic hours and it seems like everyone I know is either moving or getting married. I'm the maid of honor for my best friend Kristal's wedding in July, and its crunch time for her. We've been going all over the place to finalize plans on my every off day. So needless to say, I haven't been doing much cooking. I did make a fabulous side dish for Easter (I even have pictures!) I promise to put up the recipe as soon as I get my laptop fixed and save the pictures from it. Just to get your appetites watering though, I will give you a super fast week-night dinner I whipped up accidentally.

I unfortunately do not have any pictures of this dish for you, but if you just make the dish you'll know what it looks like! I'm going to call it Creamy Chicken and Veggie Rice. This is a serving for 2 people and all the ingredients are relatively cheap and un-experienced cook friendly. The amounts are estimations. Please use your own judgment for what you and/or your family like.

The Zombie Queen's Creamy Chicken and Veggie Rice
Ingredients:

1 Chicken breast (cubed)
1 cup of Rice (I used white, you can use whatever you have)
1/2 cup of each: frozen peas, frozen corn, chopped carrots (you can use a medley or whatever fresh or frozen veggies you like. Experiment!)
1 tbsp vegetable oil (just enough to cover bottom of pan)
1/4 tsp of each : salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika
1 pinch of cayenne (if desired)
1/2 tub of Philadelphia Italian Cheese & Herb Cooking Creme

Directions:

Cook Rice according to directions on package. While Rice is cooking place medium skillet (with lid) over medium-low heat. Heat oil in skillet, just enough to coat bottom of the pan. Chop Chicken breast and season with salt, pepper and spices. Brown Chicken pieces and add vegetables. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. When vegetables are thawed thoroughly and still crisp, add Philly Italian Cooking Creme and stir to coat. (Add a Tbsp of water if using fresh vegetables or if there is no condensation inside the pan so sauce will not be too thick).

To serve either spoon over top of rice, or mix entire contents of pan in with rice. I mixed the rice and chicken and vegetables and it was amazing (seriously, I surprised myself!). For those of you with kiddies to feed, I think this is a great recipe to get them to eat veggies and its super easy and quick to make. It will be a new weeknight comfort meal in no time. Enjoy and have fun in those kitchens people!

-Z.Q. out!

No comments:

Post a Comment