Welcome to the lab, please watch your step...

Welcome to the lab, please watch your step.... I'm a busy young zombie just trying to balance writing, food and life. I love to cook and love to eat even more! And I promise I won't eat your brains—unless they are made from cake, then I can make no promises.
This is where I run my experiments and post the results for your enjoyment. I have a weird sense of humor, so bare with me, I promise the food will be good ;)

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Thyme Pork Chops with Pasta and Garlic Cream sauce


As promised (ok maybe a day late, but it's better than never)the delicious meal I made the other night. Thyme pork chops with pasta and garlic cream sauce. It's so easy and filling. I only have 2 people to cook for so this is a two serving (and nothing is exact) recipe.

Ingredients:
2 pork chops
1 tsp dried thyme
1 pinch of paprika
salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil (or vegetable oil if you're poor like me) enough to coat bottom of pan
1 handful of pasta (however much you normally eat)
fresh or frozen veggies ( I used 1 carrot and frozen corn, but you can use whatever you have on hand)
1 small onion
2 cloves of garlic
Philadelphia Garlic Cooking Cream

How To:
Boil water and throw in pasta.

Season pork chops with salt, pepper, thyme and a pinch of paprika. Heat oil in pan over medium/ med low heat and brown meat. After browning on both sides set chops aside to rest. In the same pan cook onions and garlic until soft. Add vegetables and cover, cooking a few minutes until veggies are thawed but slightly crisp. Stir in several big spoonfuls of Philadelphia Garlic Cooking Cream (you could do it with any of the others too. (Or just plain cream cheese and whatever seasonings you want!)

Drain pasta and add into pan. Toss pasta with veggies and sauce. Pile on a plate and place chops on top. Then just dig in and enjoy! Personally I think this is going to be a new comfort meal for me. I can't wait to make it again, and I hope that some of you out there will enjoy it as well

No comments:

Post a Comment